Terms and Conditions of Enrolment in Certificate Courses in Canine Hydrotherapy and Remedial Massage
The following terms and conditions are important so please read them carefully. They are also subject to change so please periodically return to this web site to check for any changes.
- An expression or registration of interest may not be interpreted as a successful enrolment in the course.
- There are limited places in the course so applications to enrol will be considered on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Canine Health and Wellbeing Academy reserves the right to cancel or decline an enrolment at any time prior to the commencement of the course. In such a case a full refund will be provided.
- Enrolment in a course is deemed to begin once the student has been sent login details from Canine Health and Wellbeing Academy.
Course Content and Assessment
- Course content, materials and assessments are subject to change.
- All assessments must be completed using the platforms prescribed by Canine Health and Wellbeing Academy.
- All intellectual property in the materials supplied belong to Canine Health & Wellbeing Academy and may only be used for personal use for the purpose of completing the course.
There are 2 options for payment.
- A one-time payment – paid on the day signing up for the course
- A payment plan – this must be paid each consecutive month until all payments have been made from date of signing up for the course. Unless you cancel your enrolment within 7 days of purchase you will be required to pay the full amount of course fees even if you fail to complete the course.
Cancellation of Enrolment
Students wishing to cancel their enrolment must do so in writing. It is recommended that Students contact Canine Health and Wellbeing Academy within 24 hours of submitting a cancellation request as no responsibility or liability will be taken for the non-receipt of messages or transmissions. Before deciding to cancel their enrolment, Students are advised to consider the Academy’s refund policy outlined below.
Canine Health and Wellbeing Academy complies with Australian Consumer Law in regards to refunds. Refunds are only available if a Student cancels their enrolment within 7 days from the purchase date in the manner outlined above.
- Once a student has been granted access to any of the learning modules they will no longer be eligible for any type of refund however they may apply to defer their course to another enrolment up to a maximum of 12 months
Canine Health and Wellbeing Academy reserves the right to cancel the enrolment of any student from a course as a result of inappropriate behaviour or offensive language towards staff or members. Should this occur the Student will be notified in writing and will not be eligible for a refund of any kind.
We understand that sometimes extenuating circumstances may result in you wishing to defer. Due to the limited availability of places in every course, it is highly recommended you do not defer unless it is absolutely necessary.
Applications to defer must be made in writing and in accordance with the procedure outlined in the Student handbook. If approved, a deferral will incur an AUD$200 administration fee. You will then be admitted to the next course intake, subject to a place being available, and will be obliged to pay any difference in course fees.
All applications to defer will be considered on a case by case basis.
Canine Health and Wellbeing Academy reserves the right to cancel or postpone the course because of low registration or due to unforeseen circumstances. In such a case students will be notified and offered the opportunity to defer until the course commences at a later date or receive a refund.
Certificate of Completion
On successful completion of a certificate course the student will receive a signed Certificate. Completion of the course will enable the student to apply for membership of the Australian Canine Rehabilitation Association and professional indemnity insurance with Insurance House.
Assumption of Risk
By participating in these courses, whether completing the online portion or whilst under instruction via live or recorded video the Student will assume all risks associated with working on animals. Those risks include the risk of injury or death of the animal, the risk that the treatment may not be an effective treatment, and the risk of personal injuries or destruction of property caused by the animal. The student has considered those risks, and relying on his/her own judgment, have voluntarily agreed to assume those dangers and risks.
Waiver of Claims
The Student, individually, and her his/her spouse, heirs, and assigns, hereby waives any claims arising out of or related to the knowledge learned in this course, now or in the future, against the Canine Health & Wellbeing Academy, Dogs in Motion Canine Rehabilitation, Michelle Monk, or her agents, employees, consultants, contractors, volunteers or students, including:
- any claims arising from any injures to persons or property caused by the student or the animal
- any claims that may occur while the student is on a premise of any facility for the purpose of observation or treatment of animals or performing any other techniques learned in this course
- equipment, tools or goods provided or used in connection with this course activity, and
- any claims arising from any negligence or gross negligence by the Student or the Canine Health & Wellbeing Academy, Dogs in Motion Canine Rehabilitation, Michelle Monk or any of her agents, employees, volunteers, or students arising from or related to this course.
The Student agrees to hold harmless and indemnify the Canine Health & Wellbeing Academy, Dogs in Motion Canine Rehabilitation, Michelle Monk and her agents, consultants, contractors, employees, volunteers, or students from and against any and all claims, demands, or lawsuits for property damage, personal injury or death, including costs of suit and attorney's fees, arising out of or related to any techniques learned in this course, regardless of whether such damages, injury or death are caused by the student's negligence or by the negligence of the Canine Health & Wellbeing Academy, Dogs in Motion Canine Rehabilitation, Michelle Monk or her agents, employees, volunteers, or students. The student is aware they need to follow state laws regarding animal treatments and bodywork and will not hold the Canine Health & Wellbeing Academy, Dogs in Motion Canine Rehabilitation, Michelle Monk, or her agents, employees, volunteers, or students responsible for any violations of those laws.
Choice of Law
This Agreement shall be governed by, constructed, and interpreted, and the rights of the parties hereto determined in a court of proper jurisdiction with a venue in Melbourne, Australia in accordance with the laws of the State of Victoria.
Representations of Student
The Student represents and warrants:
- that he/she is a willingly participating in this course
- that he/she is executing this Agreement of his/her own free will and that he/she is not under any duress or undue influence to execute this waiver
- that he/she has carefully read this Agreement, and
- that he/she is fully and completely informed about and clearly understands the terms of this Agreement.
By continuing with this course after the regulation cooling off period as stipulated by the State laws of Victoria, Australia the Student acknowledges this as acceptance of the agreement.
For More Information
Canine Health and Wellbeing Academy will always seek at improving the course and welcomes feedback, if you would like to provide feedback please email: email@example.com